Papercups is an open source live customer chat web app. We offer a hosted version at app.papercups.io.
You can check out how our chat widget looks and play around with customizing it on our demo page. The chat widget component is also open sourced at github.com/papercups-io/chat-widget.
Watch how easy it is to get set up with our Slack integration ? :
One click Heroku deployment
The fastest way to get started is one click deploy on Heroku with:
We wanted to make a self-hosted version of tools like Intercom and Drift for companies that have privacy and security concerns about having customer data going to third party services. We’re starting with chat right now but we want to expand into all forms of customer communication like email campaigns and push notifications.
Stay tuned! We'll be posting a more detailed roadmap soon ?
- Custom chat widget - a customizable chat widget you can embed on your website to talk to your customers
- React support - embed the chat widget as a React component, or a simple HTML snippet
- Slack integration - connect with Slack, so you can view and reply to messages directly from a Slack channel
- Markdown and emoji support - use markdown and emoji to add character to your messages!
- Invite your team - send invite links to your teammates to join your account
- Conversation management - close, assign, and prioritize conversations
- Built on Elixir - optimized for responsiveness, fault-tolerance, and support for realtime updates
We set up a simple page that demonstrates how Papercups works.
Try sending us a message to see what the chat experience is like!
Getting setup for development
We :heart: contributions big or small. See CONTRIBUTING.md for a guide on how to get started.
Get in touch
Come say hi to us on Slack! :wave:
MIT © Papercups