Archivy is a self-hosted knowledge repository that allows you to safely preserve useful content that contributes to your knowledge bank.
- If you add bookmarks, their webpages contents' will be saved to ensure that you will always have access to it, in sync with the idea of digital preservation.
- Allows you to sync up with Pocket to gather bookmarks from there too.
- Everything is a file! For ease of access and editing, all the content is stored in markdown files with yaml front matter.
- Extensible search with Elasticsearch and its Query DSL
- Integrations with HN, Reddit, and many more.
- Add submodules for digital identity so archivy syncs to your hn upvoted posts, reddit saved, etc...
- Option to compile data to a static site that can be deployed.
- Dark theme
- UI for grouping by tag and use NLP to automatically generate connections between posts
- Make sure your system has Python installed.
- Clone the repository.
cdinto the project directory.
- create a virtual env by running
python3 -m venv venv/.
pip install -r requirements.txtor
- execute the
- see below for setting up search functionality
docker branch for details on setting things
up with docker.
Setting up Search
Archivy uses ElasticSearch to provide efficient full-text search.
Add these lines to your flaskenv:
Instructions to install and run the service are provided here.
Append these two lines to your elasticsearch.yml config file:
http.cors.enabled: true http.cors.allow-origin: "http://localhost:5000"