A general-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaining robust, optimal, and reusable software.
- Download & Documentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Community Projects
Building from Source
Note that you can download a binary of master branch.
Stage 1: Build Zig from C++ Source Code
- cmake >= 2.8.5
- gcc >= 5.0.0 or clang >= 3.6.0
- LLVM, Clang, LLD development libraries == 10.x, compiled with
the same gcc or clang version above
- Use the system package manager, or build from source.
- cmake >= 3.15.3
- Microsoft Visual Studio. Supported versions:
- 2015 (version 14)
- 2017 (version 15.8)
- 2019 (version 16)
- LLVM, Clang, LLD development libraries == 10.x
mkdir build cd build cmake .. make install
Need help? Troubleshooting Build Issues
brew install cmake llvm brew outdated llvm || brew upgrade llvm mkdir build cd build cmake .. -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$(brew --prefix llvm) make install
You will now run into this issue: homebrew and llvm 10 packages in apt.llvm.org are broken
with undefined reference to getPollyPluginInfo or error:
unable to create target: 'Unable to find target for this triple (no
targets are registered)', in which case try
Hopefully this will be fixed upstream with LLVM 10.0.1.