A simple Patch for GIMP 2.10+ to help all Photoshop Users.
- Tool organization to mimic the position of Adobe's Photoshop;
- Hundreds of new fonts by default;
- New Python filters installed by default, such as "heal selection";
- New Splash Screen
- New default settings to maximize space on the canvas;
- Shortcuts setted for the similars on Photoshop, following Adobe's Documentation;
- New icon and Name from custom .desktop file.
- The new default language is English (you can still change in the Settings if you want)
It should looks like this:
How to Install
This build is all about flatpak, but also "just files" that you can use on any version of GIMP (.deb,.rpm, Snap, AppImage, Windows, macOS), just check the localization of the GIMP files on every system/package.
Preparing the Flatpak enviroment
- First of all, you need to have the latest GIMP installed on your system using Flatpak
- Install GIMP Flatpak through your AppCenter/Package Manager or
flatpak install flathub org.gimp.GIMP
Installing this Patch (PhotoGIMP)
Inside of the .zip file from the releases page you'll find three hidden folders (on
Linux, using the dot before its name). All of this folders has to
be extracted on your
/home/$USER folder, overriting
everything if you already has the same files from an older
The file has this directories:
- .icons (wich have a new PhotoGIMP icon)
- .local (wich contain the personalized .desktop file)
- .var (wich contain the flatpak patch customization for GIMP 2.10+)
If you just want the PhotoGIMP custom without change the original GIMP icon and its name, just extract only the .var folder to your home directory.
Want to use on Windows, macOS or Ubuntu(Snap)?
Since this is just files, the only thing you need to do is copy
all the files that reside on a particular folder from this patch
/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10 to the the
GIMP's folder on each particular system, overriding the existent
Regular Linux Installation (.deb, .rpm):
GIMP on macOS are a bit late on it's release, this way, this patch will still works, specially on the shorcuts matter, but somethings, such the toolbox organization will not, at least, till the macOS version reaches the version 2.10.20.
The new icon will only works through the patch extration process on Linux enviroments, but you can set it manually on your system.
- This project would't be possible without the amazing GIMP Team.
- The Photo in the new Splash is from Isabella Mariana
- A BIG thanks to all Diolinux's supporters on Twitch and YouTube.
Nota de lançamento em Português: https://diolinux.com.br/2020/06/photogimp-2020.html